Hello? Is anyone there? I'm guessing that's what you've been asking.

I know you haven't heard from me for awhile, but there's a good reason for that. I've been traveling, my mother-in-law is in declining health and I traveled for 3 weeks to visit with her in Pakistan. Since my return, I've been fighting the flu. Boo!!

The good news is I read a TON of books while I was away and so many, many reviews need to get posted. First I thought I'd list the books I read.

I had a Peter Swanson marathon: The Girl With a Clock for a Heart, The Kind Worth Killing, and Her Every Fear. I am now a massive fangirl of Peter Swanson and cannot wait until his next book. I love the settings of the books in Boston, where I lived for many years. It all felt so familiar to me.

More on the thriller front, I read: The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza (Detective Erika Foster #1), Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinsborough, and Lay Death at Her Door by Elizabeth Buhmann. 

I read We Were the Lucky Ones, WWII, historical fiction by Georgia Hunter.

I read the 2nd book by Camille Di Maio, Before the Rain Falls. Her debut novel, The Memory of Us came out last year. 

I read my first book by Stephanie Evanovich, Big Girl Panties. Boy was that like a breath of fresh air after all the thrillers I had been reading. It felt a bit risque to be reading that while in a Muslim country, lol!!

Prior to my departure I read Pam Jenoff's, The Orphan's Tale in conjunction with TLC Book Tours. I apologize to Lisa at TLC and Pam Jenoff the author for my delay in getting my review up for that. When I signed up I was not planning on being away and then Lisa
graciously changed the date for my review, but then I fell ill with the flu. So, that will be my first review after I publish this little missive.

I am currently reading the latest by Ausma Zehanat Khan, Among the Ruins. This is the third in the Rachel Getty & Esa Khattak mystery series. Excellent if you like police procedural. 

Lot's of great books coming up on my TBR, so stay tuned and thanks for your patience while I attended to health and family issues.  

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been reading, reviewing, and blogging over on Facebook