If you enjoy something, blog about it!

Well, today I take on a new challenge. I am starting a book blog. Part of the blog will not be a challenge, reading books, because I have done that as long as I can remember. The part that will be a challenge for me, will be consistently writing about the books I read, my favorite authors, and anything that has to do with books.

I have never been very good at keeping a diary, journal or log of any sort, but I think it will be a good habit for me to start and what better way to create a habit, than with something you love! At least then I will be more likely to keep it up.

I have been consistently writing reviews on Good Reads for the past 2 years. Here is a link to my Good Reads profile:  https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6117137-barbara

I have been organizing a book club for the past year and half and I have found that with so many online things pertaining to books, authors, and reading, I've just been more and more interested in getting a bit more serious about my passion.

I follow many author and book related profiles on Facebook, I receive many emails from publishers, authors, book related websites and blogs, plus I recently signed up for Net Galley, which will enable me to request proofs and advanced reader copies to read and review. I completed my first review on Net Galley for one of my favorite authors, Anne Perry. Her newest book, "Death on Blackheath" will be coming out March 2014.

Next up on my Net Galley reading will be "Precious Thing" by Colette McBeth. It looks like it will be a psychological thriller. Can't wait to get started.

Tonight, I am hosting book club for a very exciting experience. We are hosting the author John Kelley, whose debut novel, "The Fallen Snow", our group just completed. We are treating him to a Cuban themed meal, all brought by our members. Should be a lot of fun. I will post pics and details tomorrow.

Happy reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been reading, reviewing, and blogging over on Facebook